I have developed my proofreading skills during my careers as an information professional and project manager. In 2020 I formalised my proofreading skills by taking an industry-recognised qualification. I am a member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP).
I have experience of proofreading and copy-editing planning and medico-legal documents which require particular care and attention to detail.
My ambition is to develop links with small and medium sized businesses to offer a bespoke service, offering a range of proofreading services that are fast, affordable and high quality. I believe passionately in the importance of local and small businesses which put money back into the community and help build stronger communities.
I have had my own business for fourteen years so I am self-motivated and continue to explore new ideas and learn from each contract.
- Used to working to strict targets and tight deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge of the English language.
- Experience of proofreading and copy editing.
- A meticulous and focused working style.
- A reputation for accuracy and great attention to detail.
- An ability to develop relationships quickly that demonstrate trust, commitment and co-operation.
- Knowledge of digital proofreading using Word or Adobe Acrobat.